How To Practice Rhythm
Tips for practicing rhythms:
- Write in the rhythm if you aren’t sure. Ask for help if you don’t know what to write.
- Clap and count the rhythm with a metronome. Be sure that every time you say a number, the metronome is beeping.
- Start with a slow tempo. Only speed it up once you can do it perfectly three times in a row.
- Listen to the exercises being performed on CD/online. Play along.
- Once you can play the rhythm well, try playing it while changing the notes.
- Be sure to hold notes full value and keep counting carefully through the rests.